5 Reasons to Setup a Google My Business Listing Today
If you haven't taken the time to setup a Google My Business listing, now is the perfect time. The listing allows you to show up when customers search for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps. Google My Business lets you post updates to showcase what’s new, respond to reviews to build loyalty and add photos to highlight what makes your business special. There's really no reason why not to utilize this service, unless you don't want others to know about your business (said no owner ever)!
1. It's a FREE service and promotion for your business
It's very rare to find a service with so much benefit that is absolutely free. Google offers this service as a benefit to businesses making it easier for customers to find you. It can be accessed by going to https://google.com/business and completing a simple sign-up. Our Ekspohz listing is displayed on the left and contains the following key features starting from the top:
- Your storefront or office location on the map
- Photos of your business, products, and user submitted uploads
- Average user reviews on a 5 star scale
- Address, office hours, and contact information
- Promotional posts, products, and events
- Questions & Answers
- User Reviews
That's a wealth of information about your business and is far more effective at quickly displaying details than a traditional search engine result! Did we mention it's free?
2. Visually show potential clients and customers that you're trusted
Positive ratings and great customer experiences are your bread and butter for attracting others. They instantly provide credibility to your business and show trusted feedback. As long as you're maintaining happy clients, this is a crucial piece to be building upon. Google makes it easy by providing a quick link that you can share with your customers and ask them to leave a review.
3. Increase SEO rank & search presence via maps
Conduct any search on Google such as "Wedding Photographer" or "Web Designer" and the first items that now popup are Google My Business listings. These are both relevance and proximity based results. As soon as you list your business address and verify it (Google will send you a verification in the mail) you'll begin showing up physically as a location on the map and increases your reach. Not only will potential clients and customers find your listing through associated keyword searches, they'll also discover you by some surprising ways too. We've had a number of customers reach out to us because they order a Lyft or Uber near our location and we showed up as well. Crazy huh?
4. Posts to promote new content, service, or event
One of the best features recently added is the ability to add a detailed post and include a call to action (CTA). Currently displayed on ours is a highlighted user review and also a promotion for a SEO package. Posts come with 4 options:
- What's New - Highlight a new blog post or feature
- Event - Provide dates, times, and details on an upcoming gathering
- Offer - Give details on a new sale or promotion
- Product - Show products with prices directly on your listing and direct them straight to your product page
- Order online
- Learn more
- Sign up
- Get offer
5. Free printed materials, digital products, and videos
Google provides even more free items and great promotional content that is automatically generated not only saving you money, but time as well. By using "Small Thanks with Google" you can search your business listing and Google will automatically pull quotes from reviews and various business information to include on promotional items. These can then be downloaded or even mailed to you. Yes, Google will mail you full sized promotional posters, stickers, and signs for free. They'll even provide a YouTube link to a video tailored to your business. Check out ours below.