Squarespace Launches Customer Accounts
Great news for those in the e-commerce industry! The long sought out feature of user accounts has been added to Squarespace's Basic and Advanced Commerce Plans. The move evens the playing field between Shopify and Squarespace and will ensure returning customers enjoy a more seamless checkout experience.
The new feature includes:
- Customers can create accounts and securely save their credit card information and shipping addresses for a faster checkout.
- When customers are signed in, they can view their past orders and update their saved information.
- Website owners can see who’s created an account and analyze each customer’s purchasing behavior in the Customers Panel.
- New email notifications can be customized to become branded touch points in the Notifications panel, including the Welcome email, Reset Password email, and Password Updated email.
- Customers can sign in at checkout. They can also sign in through the site header via an embedded link.